[CS] My forum profile was deleted

A forum for questions about all aspects of self-publishing.
Forum rules
Please start your post with a tag, for example FORMATTING. ISBN, SPARK, CREATESPACE,COPYRIGHT, etc.
walton
Site Admin

Re: [CS] My forum profile was deleted

Post by walton » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:44 am

Last week I contacted CS CustomerService. I asked them if they could transfer all of our points over to the KDP forum.

I suggest that everyone should ask that our points be transferred. I would guess that around 50% of the KDP forum questions will end up about print. If you read most of the print related forum answers, most of the people there have little experience with print. Any of us who ventures there will quickly discover a prejudice against people who are migrating from CS to KDP, which goes well beyond just calling us newbies. Having our points carry over, is only fair.

CustomerService said they could not transfer points (as if I expected them to . . . this was also my second query, the first one said, in answer to the question about transferring points from the CS forum to the KDP forum, "I am sorry to tell you that all of your posts on the Community forum will be lost."), but the idea was good and they'd would send it along to someone.
Walton

Bleeds , free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations forCreateSpace users. Typography free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary and type specimen pages. Free list of free PDF downloads.

Michelle

Re: [CS] My forum profile was deleted

Post by Michelle » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:36 pm

You get points just for posting at KDP, regardless of whether the post is helpful or not.
Michelle (Forum Moderator)

Odyssey Publishing -- affordable editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.