[THANK YOU] Our 1 year anniversary

A forum for questions about all aspects of self-publishing.
Forum rules
Please start your post with a tag, for example FORMATTING. ISBN, SPARK, CREATESPACE,COPYRIGHT, etc.
walton
Site Admin

[THANK YOU] Our 1 year anniversary

Post by walton » Tue May 08, 2018 8:42 am

Selfpublishingforum started up a little over a year ago. We have:
3,478 members
2,138 posts
190 topics

Yes, we have spam, but it has been manageable. I have to thank the moderators for helping to keep it down.

Perhaps the forum should be more active, but it is difficult to get the word out. And it is a shame the CS and KDP forums are so clogged up with spam.

Thank you to everyone who posts (except spammers; there is, if I recall Dante's Inferno, a place for you, too), and everyone who has had patience with my sometimes haphazard participation in removing spam and answering questions.
Walton

Bleeds , free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations forCreateSpace users. Typography free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary and type specimen pages. Free list of free PDF downloads.

David Wake

Re: [THANK YOU] Our 1 year anniversary

Post by David Wake » Wed May 09, 2018 3:54 am

And thank you for starting it.

It had become for me the 'go to' place. I still drop into Createspace, but leave straight away if there's a screenful of nonsense. I'm less inclined to ask a question there and, sadly, even to answer one.

So, keep up the good work.

walton
Site Admin

Post by walton » Wed May 09, 2018 8:58 am

The reason I periodically say thanks to every one here is that I mean it!

When spam started to get bad on the CS forum, I found myself spending many hours a week removing/reporting it. And as several members noted, sadly often, we were the ones whose posts were moderated, not the garbage. I wrote CustomerService three or four times that they should thank us, not moderate us. Even just a simple, generic thank you from CustomerService would go a long way to making us more sympathetic towards their spam prevention program (haha).
Walton

Bleeds , free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations forCreateSpace users. Typography free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary and type specimen pages. Free list of free PDF downloads.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Wed May 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Happy birthday/anniversary to us. Yeah, we have some spam, heavy on weekends I find, but the fact that we can get rid it ourselves, counts for a lot. No fear of moderation or account block-outs and such. Just zap em, and ban em. I hardly visit Createspace, and when I do, it is either a wall of spam, or some scam artist from Nigeria asking why he can't find his illiterate garbage on Amazon. Honestly, they make me so mad these days. I wish they didn't affect me so, but, they do.
Good on ya for setting this up Walton, and I do believe that we will eventually become more popular among legitimate authors.

GoMePub2

Post by GoMePub2 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:03 pm

A big THANK YOU from me!
I have almost given up on the CS community.
At least here I know someone will try to give me the help I need.
And I can give help to those who need it here as well.
Thank again,
~ Kay

https://www.amazon.com/Kay-D-Johnson/e/B01KFXMGCQ