[CS INTERIOR REVIEWER] Question

A forum for questions about all aspects of self-publishing.
Forum rules
Please start your post with a tag, for example FORMATTING. ISBN, SPARK, CREATESPACE,COPYRIGHT, etc.
Coral

Re: [CS INTERIOR REVIEWER] Question

Post by Coral » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:58 pm

Michelle wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:17 pm
I don't print with CS anymore, so have no comments about how long it will take to get here. I think the last proof I received from CS was in 2010, and it took 3 weeks to get here -- 6 weeks for larger orders.

I recommend all Australian self-publishers use IngramSpark instead -- there are benefits to shipping times, printing and shipping costs, royalty payments, and worldwide availability that far exceeds what CS can offer.
Hi Michelle, good advice. I'm wondering now though- okay, yes, I'm in the last phases of publishing an IngramSpark paperback version of my novel too. That will be available next week. I also have an Amazon KDP ebook of my novel which will be available next week too, and yes, an IngramSpark ebook too.
But if you sell an ebook on Amazon alongside a paperback that is made by IngramSpark, and not CreateSpace- although I know Amazon do accept it- I've heard that you can be running at a disadvantage. Could you explain it to me?

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:03 pm

I don't see any disadvantage. I've been selling my IS books alongside KDP ebooks for years without any issues.
Michelle (Forum Moderator)

Odyssey Publishing -- affordable editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Odyssey Books -- where books are an adventure. See our latest releases:

Coral

Post by Coral » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 am

Michelle wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:03 pm
I don't see any disadvantage. I've been selling my IS books alongside KDP ebooks for years without any issues.
Thank you. I have come to the decision that it is better to do the paperback solely through IngramSpark. Now that I have an ebook available for preorder and scheduled for release in two days on Amazon, and I will be making my IngramSpark paperback available on Amazon as the only paperback edition there... what do I do about my IngramSpark ebook? The reason I made it was so I could sell an ebook through Barnes and Noble and all those other non-Amazon sites. It has the same ISBN as the Amazon ebook. How can I stop IngramSpark from sending my IS ebook to Amazon, to compete with the Amazon ebook, now that the IS papberack is on its way there? That would get really sticky. Is it a matter of simply deselecting options on IngramSpark? Or is there something more complex to it?

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:55 pm

You’re allowed to opt out of Amazon ebook distribution at IngramSpark. Just email support so they can remove it from your account.
Michelle (Forum Moderator)

Odyssey Publishing -- affordable editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Odyssey Books -- where books are an adventure. See our latest releases: