[KDP Paperback] Some early results

A forum for questions about all aspects of self-publishing.
Forum rules
Please start your post with a tag, for example FORMATTING. ISBN, SPARK, CREATESPACE,COPYRIGHT, etc.
Phoenix

[KDP Paperback] Some early results

Post by Phoenix » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:03 pm

Not sure what is causing it but I am experiencing a few sales of paperbacks online recently. In the last two months I have sold more paperbacks online through KDP than in the two years I was with CS! Mind you, we are talking very low numbers here. I usually only sell paperbacks through local distribution. I haven't yet ordered any of my paperbacks through KDP, so I have no idea about the quality. Only my non-fic woodcarving books, though. No novels. Just thought I would share.

Dutchgirl

Re: [KDP Paperback] Some early results

Post by Dutchgirl » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:37 am

I sell more books as well. However, they sometimes sell my books for a lesser price and as a result my royalty's are less as well.
A few times I even got zero royalty's for books I sold. I still don't understand how it works....

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:25 pm

That doesn't sound right. I was always under the impression that if they discounted your book, that your royalty would remain the same, that the discounted part would be taken from their share alone? I would be asking them about that if it happened to me.

danwiz

Post by danwiz » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:45 pm

Yes, it's a certainty that if your royalty amount is supposed to be $4.25 for sales through Amazon, that even if Amazon sells the book for $2.25, you will still receive $4.25. I suspect that what you are seeing is sales that were through your EDC channels, which will get you the royalty which they stated you'll get through the EDC channels. Sales through the EDC channels will always get you a lesser amount than sales through Amazon.

Dan'l, Moderator
Our Website http://danwiz.com
Our Book Titles http://danwiz.com/Pubs/Publications.php