[INTRODUCTION] - Newbie with questions

Introducing yourself, making friends, chatting about writing and our books.
Forum rules
Please start your posts with a tag, for example, WRITING, NEW BOOK, etc.
Tina73

[INTRODUCTION] - Newbie with questions

Post by Tina73 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi There,

My name is Tania and i have done few pages on a project i have intended for a long time due to personal experiences in my life. I've been writing lately about different things in life, adding personal experiences to the story with a touch of imagination and perhaps fiction added to it. It is to my best interest to write more and finished what i already started. Please know i am willing to take any feedback from the forum, i have no problems hearing what can work or can not work for me, in turn of anything that could be helpful, with language or anything else. I strongly use my instinct when it come to read and respond to messages who clearly want to help me or otherwise is a silly waste of my time.

I am open to any feedback that's constructive and helpful on what to do with self-publishing a book!

Thanks,
Tania

I have added the required "tag" to your post.

walton
Site Admin

Re: [INTRODUCTION] - Newbie with questions

Post by walton » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:11 am

Welcome.

Most of the posts here have to do with design, formatting, printing issues, etc., and not so much about writing. If I get time later, I'll add a forum for writing. If writing is something you want feedback for, I don't know if that will help, but most of write, so who knows.
Walton

Bleeds , free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations forCreateSpace users. Typography free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary and type specimen pages. Free list of free PDF downloads.

David Wake

Post by David Wake » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:21 am

Our publishing group occasionally moves towards the creative writing end of the process. There is good practice that'll help once you get to the publishing phase.

I'd say 1) write in a book template, 2) download Grammarly (it's free) and 3) Wordweb (it's free if you don't fly too often), 4) write every day (or some regualar fashion that works for you), 5) finish what you write, 6) get it proof read and 7) get it proof read again and again.

Hartworks

Post by Hartworks » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:32 pm

Adding to the proofreading advice, I find that reading my writing out loud catches a lot of problems.

David Wake

Post by David Wake » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:20 am

It's something I've known for ages, but it was doing an MA in
Writing that I actually started doing it. It so catches that double
double word that's often hidden by a line wrap.

AdamDilbiple

[INTRODUCTION] Newbie with questions

Post by AdamDilbiple » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:26 am

It is not the questions, that matter.... It is the answers. They will faithfully reflect your beliefs and create your life.