[Stars] Stars

Introducing yourself, making friends, chatting about writing and our books.
Forum rules
Please start your posts with a tag, for example, WRITING, NEW BOOK, etc.
a-h-k

[Stars] Stars

Post by a-h-k » Thu May 18, 2017 2:27 pm

I received my first stars for correct answers in the CS forum, two stars for correct answers in the last couple of days. After all this time, I finally received some stars.

I'd like to thank the Academy...

danwiz

Re: [Stars] Stars

Post by danwiz » Thu May 18, 2017 5:45 pm

Congratulations. I just received my 5th star a short time ago and did not even notice it until somebody PM'd me and asked if it was new! I was kind of disappointed that nobody else noticed it and sent me congratulatory notes! It's a lot of effort to give enough correct answers so that one gets those 5 stars.
Dan'l, Moderator
Our Website http://danwiz.com
Our Book Titles http://danwiz.com/Pubs/Publications.php

a-h-k

Post by a-h-k » Fri May 19, 2017 6:52 am

I've got a blue line for 20 points, so it'll be years before I get to multiple-star level, if ever.

Congratulations.
Cataloging for Publishers will teach you:
  • To catalog your book in publication, preparing it to be sold to libraries - PCN/LCCN, MARC21
  • To prepare your book for retail sale: ISBN, Bookland EAN barcode, identifying your title and maintaining sales information with R.R. Bowker Books In Print and Bookwire, ONIX, BISAC

walton
Site Admin

Post by walton » Mon May 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Just wait until you get your gold star points redemption catalogue! I'll admit that I'm still waiting, but when I get it . . . I'm going for the garden gnome!
Walton

Bleeds , free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations forCreateSpace users. Typography free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary and type specimen pages. Free list of free PDF downloads.

a-h-k

Post by a-h-k » Mon May 22, 2017 5:09 pm

Heh.