[INTRODUCTION] bookow says hello

Introducing yourself, making friends, chatting about writing and our books.
Forum rules
Please start your posts with a tag, for example, WRITING, NEW BOOK, etc.
stevoz

[INTRODUCTION] bookow says hello

Post by stevoz » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi Everyone!

Some of you will know me from the CS forums, of course. I'm Steve, I run bookow.com. Links are in my sig. If you haven't watched the video, it's fun and informative. If you have, it's long and dull.

What does bookow do? Well, the main service is an auto-formatter that works brilliantly for novels. You upload a Word (or OpenOffice, or RTF) file, and within seconds you get a beautifully typeset PDF for CreateSpace, and EPUB and MOBI files too. I offer a custom service as well, for books that have requirements not handled by the auto-formatter.

In addition, there's my free CreateSpace cover template generator, that creates PNG and PDF templates, somewhat similar to the CreateSpace ones, but most people think they are better. In addition, it creates Scribus files (which are the ones I use when making covers), and InDesign and OpenOffice Draw files.

Then there's my free barcodes. Still useful despite the fact that CreateSpace replaces all barcodes (including bought ones from Bowker) with their own.

It's nice to be here and I hope this forum becomes wildly popular. But not with spammers.
Cheers,
Steve - bookow.com - painless print & e-book formatting

free resources from bookow.com
free ISBN barcodes
free ISBN hyphenator
free CreateSpace cover templates
novels formatted for print, kindle, epub, unlimited free revisions, self-service
Image WATCH VIDEO => A Gentle Introduction to Bookow

danwiz

Re: [INTRODUCTION] bookow says hello

Post by danwiz » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:39 am

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forum, Steve. There is not a lot of business here, but we're all hoping that it will pick up as time progresses. We get a few spams, but not too many, and one or the other of us generally jump on them pretty quickly.
Dan'l, Moderator
Our Website http://danwiz.com
Our Book Titles http://danwiz.com/Pubs/Publications.php

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Welcome aboard Steve, good of you to join us. The more spam Cs attracts the less I tend to go there. I think others will feel the same.
Joe.

stevoz

Post by stevoz » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:02 pm

Thanks Dan'l and Joe!
Cheers,
Steve - bookow.com - painless print & e-book formatting

free resources from bookow.com
free ISBN barcodes
free ISBN hyphenator
free CreateSpace cover templates
novels formatted for print, kindle, epub, unlimited free revisions, self-service
Image WATCH VIDEO => A Gentle Introduction to Bookow