[INTRODUCTION] Been self-publishing since 1985

Introducing yourself, making friends, chatting about writing and our books.
Forum rules
Please start your posts with a tag, for example, WRITING, NEW BOOK, etc.
Hartworks

[INTRODUCTION] Been self-publishing since 1985

Post by Hartworks » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Hi -- I just found this forum today, mentioned by Walton on the CS forum, and here I am. I published my first book, Living with Llamas, in 1985, and it went through several versions and sold better than anything else since. My husband and I developed a llama publishing business, with books and videos, and then when we sold our llama ranch and moved on we have self-published books and done websites on a variety of topics. We have made part but not all of our income this way. I'm also a librarian by background though not any more.

My most recent three books were a cozy mystery series, but I got tired of thinking about murder plots. I have always loved memoirs and have had an interesting if not famous life so I am now doing a series of memoirs. None are published yet but the first two will be out very soon: Around the World at Nineteen: Explorations and Romances and African Summer: A Crossroader in Sierra Leone. Both are set in the early 1960s. The third one will be about being an LSD research subject in 1964--while LSD was still legal--and how it transformed my life.I have about half a dozen more ideas beyond that.

Zana Hart
hartworks.com

Phoenix

Re: [INTRODUCTION] Been self-publishing since 1985

Post by Phoenix » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Welcome to the forum Zana. It sounds as though you have lived a colourful life. I wish you all the best. Feel free to provide us with a link to your works or your website so we can scope out your books. Oops, I see you have listed your website there. Silly me. I will have a look when I have some time to spare.
Joe.