[INTRODUCTION] Old-school computer-tech author

Introducing yourself, making friends, chatting about writing and our books.
Forum rules
Please start your posts with a tag, for example, WRITING, NEW BOOK, etc.
prosetech

[INTRODUCTION] Old-school computer-tech author

Post by prosetech » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:24 am

Hi everyone!

I’m a many-time published author in the computer tech field. I’m from the days when everyone needed a phonebook-sized manual to write a web page, and my books were pretty popular back then.

A couple of years ago my favorite publisher (O’Reilly) decided to shutter my favorite series (The Missing Manuals) because it didn’t fit with the rest of their catalog. So now I’ve branched out into self-publishing and am launching my first series, called Halfwit To Hero (http://halfwit2hero.com). This series has much shorter, tutorial-focused books (hovering around the 200 page mark), and each book has a companion website with hands-on tutorials. I just released the first one, “Excel Formulas: Halfwit To Hero” on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1775373703

I’m also hoping to explore other ideas on CreateSpace—the freedom to try out new ideas is amazing! I’ve already got a couple of science books to my name (most notably “Your Brain: The Missing Manual”) and I’ve got some interesting ideas for a coding-for-kids series. So hopefully this is start of a long-term love affair. In the meantime, anyone who remembers one of my old books feel free to shoot me a message at matthew@prosetech.com!

Matthew

Phoenix

Re: [INTRODUCTION] Old-school computer-tech author

Post by Phoenix » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:37 pm

G'day Matthew, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your projects. If you have any questions feel free to ask them here.
Joe.