[CS Quality Control] Where was the book printed?

A forum for questions about all aspects of self-publishing.
Forum rules
Please start your post with a tag, for example FORMATTING. ISBN, SPARK, CREATESPACE,COPYRIGHT, etc.
walton
Site Admin

[CS Quality Control] Where was the book printed?

Post by walton » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:46 pm

This is in answer to "Quality Bait and Switch" on the CS forum . . .

Maavalous wrote
UPDATE June 20, 2017:
Yep... happened again. Ordered a dozen compies in May and they came from South Carolina facility. PERFECT!!!
Odered another dozen last week and they just came in from California facility... every one was off in some way or another. Several had crooked covers, all were undersize, smudges on interior text and pages that don't line up.
It's for real... and, apparently, a lottery.
I wish I could find a way to request that books only be printed in S.C. facility... sigh...

My moderated reply:

From San Bernardino?  (I think?)

My client had 50 copies of this book . . . all 50 were like this: those are wrinkles that when stretched out add an eighth of an inch to the dimension of the page, that's a scratch that is about 8" long that runs from the outside edge about a third of the way up to the woman's jaw; when softly opened, the pages fell out.

CS quickly reprinted the order, 100% perfect, and said they made a note not to use San Bernardino for this book.&nbsp; Did they? I don't know.&nbsp; The book title, ID, etc. is Agradecido by Jorge Moreno, Title ID: 3441405&nbsp; ISBN-13:978-0974734064&nbsp; I don't know if it would help, but you could mention this book and incident.</p>
Walton

Bleeds , free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations forCreateSpace users. Typography free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary and type specimen pages. Free list of free PDF downloads.