[CS ordering] New year

A forum for questions about all aspects of self-publishing.
Forum rules
Please start your post with a tag, for example FORMATTING. ISBN, SPARK, CREATESPACE,COPYRIGHT, etc.
Phoenix

[CS ordering] New year

Post by Phoenix » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Can anyone tell me when CS opens again so I can make sure my order comes from the CS printers in the US rather than a holiday contractor? I have heard too many tales of horror about the 'other' companies when CS shuts down for the hols to want to risk my order going to one of them.
Joe.

Phoenix

Re: [CS ordering] New year

Post by Phoenix » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:46 pm

No one actually answered my question, so I went ahead and ordered my books, 20 of each of my newly published books on 8th of Jan 2018. Usually, within a few days of ordering I am notified of them being shipped and then have the long wait. As at today, I have received nothing from CS other than an order confirmation. They took my money alright and gave me an ETA of March 13th!!! Something is not right. I wonder if we are seeing the start of the shutdown/merger, whatever, into KDP? I am definitely hoping to see my books arrive well before the the date they gave me.
Joe.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:36 am

Seriously? Why haven't you move to Spark yet? You'd probably already have the books by now.

It does seem absurd, considering the holiday buying season is over, that there are delays this far into January and will take 2 months to recover from. I can't recall if this problem existed last year since I don't order from CS, but that's extreme.
Michelle (Forum Moderator)

Odyssey Publishing -- affordable editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Odyssey Books -- where books are an adventure. See our latest releases:

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:33 am

Yeah, I have to make the move eventually to IS, but I have been with CS for so long that I hate to make the move. I don't buy my own ISBNs and I did not like the IS set-up system at all the last time I was there. I have only commissioned the one cover so far, all my others were done on the CS cover creator. Not fantastic, but totally free and easy to use. I know the downfalls with that route, but I truly do not make enough from my books to cover what I spend now.
Where do you buy your ISBNs from in Australia Michelle? How much?
I will have to wait for the next promotion on Ingram to publish my latest novel with them.
Cheers, Joe.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:59 am

Australian ISBNs can only be bought from Thorpe Bowker. The last time I checked, there's a publisher setup fee of $55 (one-off) and then $80 for blocks of 10. I haven't bought any for a while because I buy in blocks of 100.

Do check out IngramSpark now if you can -- they still have free setup until the end of March: http://www.ingramspark.com/ingramspark- ... 2017-offer. The next regular promo won't be until October, I think.
Michelle (Forum Moderator)

Odyssey Publishing -- affordable editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Odyssey Books -- where books are an adventure. See our latest releases: