[KDP Paperbacks] Very low sales compared to Createspace?

A forum for questions about all aspects of self-publishing.
Forum rules
Please start your post with a tag, for example FORMATTING. ISBN, SPARK, CREATESPACE,COPYRIGHT, etc.
scribeforthetribe

[KDP Paperbacks] Very low sales compared to Createspace?

Post by scribeforthetribe » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:26 pm

Too much spam.
Last edited by scribeforthetribe on Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Phoenix

Re: [KDP Paperbacks] Very low sales compared to Createspace?

Post by Phoenix » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:55 pm

As I mentioned in my own thread on the subject, I have experienced the exact opposite. I have sold more paperbacks in the last two months through KDP than in the last two years with CS. Online sales, that is. Most of my PB sales come from local sales of author copies. I have noticed that you can apply AMS ads to your paperbacks on KDP now. How well they work depends on a great many factors. It has always been about a money grab for Amazon. Good luck, I hope it works out well for you in the long run.

stacy734

Post by stacy734 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi Scribe,

Roughly what percentage of your Createspace sales were via Expanded Distribution?

Stacy

Dutchgirl

Post by Dutchgirl » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:17 am

I sell more book with KDP than with CS. But I did update the keywords and adjusted a few covers and interiors since the book sizes are different. That might have helped as well.
I read on the KDP forum that several people have fewer sales since the transfer. I don't know why. Maybe there is a glitch or there is more competition.
Or a third party is printing the books. I still expect sales from Canada. One of my books has the 'best seller' label but according to my report I only sold a few books in Canada.

Ozed

Post by Ozed » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:56 am

Just curious on this subject. Whilst we have been transferred from CS to KDP, I cant see why this should affect sales on Amazon. I was under the impression that the majority of CS writers had their main sales through Amazon rather than other outlets through ED so surely this should not have changed. My books look exactly the same on Amazon as they did before so I do not expect to see any difference in my current zero sales!!!

cheers Ed