[KBOARDS] Refugees from Kboards

A forum for questions about all aspects of self-publishing.
Forum rules
Please start your post with a tag, for example FORMATTING. ISBN, SPARK, CREATESPACE,COPYRIGHT, etc.
Phoenix

[KBOARDS] Refugees from Kboards

Post by Phoenix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am

To members who have migrated here from KBoards. If you have asked the mods there to delete your account and your posts, apparently the mods are unable to perform that task completely. The information goes into a bin(storage). If you wish to have everything removed you are advised to do the following...

"Instead, you should PM him(Phillip), or email privacy@verticalscope.com and request the removal of your data from the site. He says there's a formal process in place to verify and remove data fully, in keeping with the GDPR's right to be forgotten."

I have done so, but have not heard anything back yet. I have very few books to my name and I never expect to be a top selling author, but my IP is sacred to me. It is the only thing I truly own and unique to me alone. No one, but no one tells me they have a right to my IP or my name just by being on their forum! I also detest the ads and the viglinks that began appearing there. Even advertising Vanity Publishers! Not cool! Imagine a newbie seeing that ad and believing it to be legitimised by a reputable forum?

David Wake

Re: [KBOARDS] Refugees from Kboards

Post by David Wake » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:31 am

Phoenix wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
I have done so, but have not heard anything back yet.
It might be because they've forgotten you.