[INGRAMSPARK] Free setup period extended

A forum for questions about all aspects of self-publishing.
Forum rules
Please start your post with a tag, for example FORMATTING. ISBN, SPARK, CREATESPACE,COPYRIGHT, etc.
Michelle

[INGRAMSPARK] Free setup period extended

Post by Michelle » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Good news for those who won't finish their books before the end of November to get free setup on IngramSpark -- they're now offering free uploads until 31 March 2018, using promo code NANO17. Heaps of time!
Michelle (Forum Moderator)

Odyssey Publishing -- affordable editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

walton
Site Admin

Re: [INGRAMSPARK] Free setup period extended

Post by walton » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:33 am

Just a thank you . . . so you know someone is reading the posts!
Walton

Bleeds , free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations forCreateSpace users. Typography free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary and type specimen pages. Free list of free PDF downloads.

David Wake

Post by David Wake » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:14 am

And I made note of the news too. Thank you.

danwiz

Post by danwiz » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:39 am

I am starting to wonder if they're gearing up to start free setup at all times for all people, same as CS is now?
Dan'l, Moderator
Our Website http://danwiz.com
Our Book Titles http://danwiz.com/Pubs/Publications.php

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:03 am

@danwiz -- not sure if this was before your time at CS, but they used to charge a $39 fee to enrol books in EDC. IngramSpark could go that route one day and abolish the setup and revision fees, but promo periods can be quite effective as a marketing tool, as is indefinite free setup/revisions for members of industry organisations, so I don't expect it to happen for several years, if ever.

I've mentioned before how my professional membership with SPN gives me free setup/revisions with IS. Apart from the other perks of membership, the annual fee pays for itself many times over.

Odyssey Publishing -- affordable editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

danwiz

Post by danwiz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:07 am

Michelle - yes, I was at CS when we had to pay to get our books into the ED Channels. They did away with it within a year after we put out our first book. I had not yet even discovered the community at CS and probably did not use it for the first time until 2013 or so; before that, I just did what all of the CS documentation tells us to do and survived the uploading and approval process of a few books. I certainly do not remember my first questions there. They were likely questions about the different PDF specs (X-1a, X-3, etc.).

Yes, I remember that you have mentioned SPN, I remember looking into it and deciding that it was not for me, but I can't remember why. What is SPN one more time, please? Let me look into it once more.
Dan'l, Moderator
Our Website http://danwiz.com
Our Book Titles http://danwiz.com/Pubs/Publications.php

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:22 pm

Probably because it’s an Australian organisation.