[SPARK] update manufacturing notes?

A forum for questions about all aspects of self-publishing.
Forum rules
Please start your post with a tag, for example FORMATTING. ISBN, SPARK, CREATESPACE,COPYRIGHT, etc.
Kpub

[SPARK] update manufacturing notes?

Post by Kpub » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:20 pm

I have a pending upload to Spark of a book that has right-to-left pagination, so the spine should be on the right. Thus, the cover file has the front cover on the left and the back cover on the right.

Spark customer support emailed me to ask if the title was supposed to have reverse binding, saying that if it was, the manufacturing notes need to be updated.

Manufacturing notes? I've found nothing about any manufacturing notes on the Spark web site. I've emailed Spark twice, asking them either to update it for me or explain how I should do it, but no reply. I realize that this is the weekend, but it wasn't the weekend when this started.

Walton may remember that CreateSpace gave me static about the same book, requiring that the language be listed as Hebrew even though the contents are half in English. And the next book to go up to either one will also have RTL pagination.

Michelle

Re: [SPARK] update manufacturing notes?

Post by Michelle » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:36 pm

Have you viewed the digital proof? There is a box for notes when you approve the proof for production. You can hold off enabling distribution until after you see a print copy.
Michelle (Forum Moderator)

Odyssey Publishing -- affordable editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Odyssey Books -- where books are an adventure. See our latest releases:

Kpub

Post by Kpub » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Michelle, than you for the reply.

There is no digital proof to approve. Nothing appears under "Titles Pending Your Approval."

Kpub

Post by Kpub » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:22 am

Support says that IngramSpark does not do reverse binding. From online chat:
i have been speaking with a senior colleague and they have informed me that reversed binding is not available through IngramSpark
I explained that the book is set up for normal workflow (same as I would do with CS or Thomson-Shore), with the page order reversed and the cover laid out with the front cover on the left and the back cover on the right.
I'm very sorry but we do not print books with reversed binding.
Well, this takes off the time pressure on the WIP, because it also requires reverse binding.