[CreateSpace] Digital Viewer + Chrome

A forum for questions about all aspects of self-publishing.
Forum rules
Please start your post with a tag, for example FORMATTING. ISBN, SPARK, CREATESPACE,COPYRIGHT, etc.
GoMePub2

[CreateSpace] Digital Viewer + Chrome

Post by GoMePub2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:07 am

I know this has been answered over on CS community but my "search community" no longer works. Ask several question over the past month ... nothing.

Can someone, once again, tell me how to change the setting in Chrome so that I can see my digital reviewer in CreateSpace?
Yes, I have the latest version of Flashplayer installed.
Yes, I did try to open it in Explorer and that didn't work either.
I really want to see this cover because they "adjusted it" even though it was exactly the required size. And I'm not too happy about pay for EXTRA proof+shipping when I should be able to see it in their Digital Reviewer.
~KAY

Phoenix

Re: [CreateSpace] Digital Viewer + Chrome

Post by Phoenix » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:47 pm

I just went over to CS to see if I can view the only custom-made cover I have in the reviewer and it worked perfectly. I am using Chrome for my browser and have not had to adjust anything. Walton may have an answer for you as he is up with the techno-stuff more than I. So you are not able to use the digital reviewer for any of your books or only the latest? I can't remember, does the downloadable PDF have the cover? I don't think so. Someone will pop in with an answer for sure. Good luck.

GoMePub2

Post by GoMePub2 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:03 am

It has only happened recently with my last two books.
I thought I had changed my Chrome setting by enabling flashplayer but it still doesn't work.
Unfortunately, they do not include the cover in the PDF. Even that would have made me happy as then I could see what they did to it.
~ KAY

walton
Site Admin

Post by walton » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:45 am

You both probably know this, but for anyone else: despite your settings, updates, etc., sometimes one browser will one day and not the next. Some browsers work better than other. CS says Firefox is the "best" browser, and that has been my go-to browser. But for the past few months, I have not been able to sign in with it. SeaMonkey works better. Chrome has bee iffy.

Oh, and what works for me today, might not work for you!

I recommend that if you're going to be using CS often, keep several browser on your system.
Walton

Bleeds , free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations forCreateSpace users. Typography free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary and type specimen pages. Free list of free PDF downloads.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:36 pm

Just another thought Kay, have you done a cleanout lately? Of your cookies and cache? Sometimes that will clear a few issues.

GoMePub2

Post by GoMePub2 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:32 pm

Joe ...
Yep, I did one the day before.
I make it a point to back up all my work immediately and I also do a weekly maintenance.
And this is good because I had a fatal error caused by a MS update. Not a happy girl. :evil: lol

Walton ...
I tried with 'Edge' same issue. So, I'll just have to have some faith.

BTW ...
I ordered the 4 proofs anyway.
One of my "proof readers" is leaving for vacation next Friday so I'm making sure she has her copy to go through and proofread while she's at the beach. And the other two are biting a the bit, red pens ready to mark the daylights out of them. ROFL
~ KAY

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Nail biting time for you once they are in the hands of...them!!!!! Gadzooks, I hate the wait.

GoMePub2

Post by GoMePub2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:43 am

FOUND IT ... FIXED IT!!

How to change setting in Chrome to allow FlashPlayer to work in Create space.

In Chrome, open your CreateSpace to the Digital Proof you want to view.
At the top right, click More symbol (3 vertical dots)
Choose Settings.
At the bottom, click Advanced.
Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
Click Flash.
Click on the expand arrow
Under the Allow section, click on ADD
In the box, copy/paste the link from your CreateSpace.
(It should look something like this … https ://tsw.createspace.com/title /0000000/review/file_review )
Then click ADD

You should now be able to see the Digital Viewer.