[CreateSpace] Interior Reviewer

A forum for questions about all aspects of self-publishing.
Forum rules
Please start your post with a tag, for example FORMATTING. ISBN, SPARK, CREATESPACE,COPYRIGHT, etc.
ideabasket

[CreateSpace] Interior Reviewer

Post by ideabasket » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:55 am

Hi guys,

I'm trying here, as the CS forum is once again timing out. I can get anywhere but the forum. Is that normal? Do the forum pages frequently go down? Do they have some aggressive anti-spam rules running that block users who open more than one page at once? Anyone know?

Anyhow, It's been ages since I used the CS Interior Reviewer and I can't remember whether it is generally blurry, or not.

What is your experience with the Interior Reviewer and illustrations? I finally get all of the B&W images in the PDF file looking great, and when I look at them in the Reviewer it looks like... well, like it's been out in the rain. All blurry.

Any information would be most helpful.

Cheers,
Deborah

Phoenix

Re: [CreateSpace] Interior Reviewer

Post by Phoenix » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:46 pm

I would be more inclined to go by the downloadable pdf proof they make available. That said, I have never found the images or other, to be anything but crystal-clear on the internal reviewer.
Joe.

walton
Site Admin

Re: [CreateSpace] Interior Reviewer

Post by walton » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:57 am

The only reliable way to judge how your images will print is a printed proof. Period.

The IR is wanky, although it does have its uses. The downloadable PDF is a waste of time, what can it tell you that your print-ready PDF wont? The DigitalProofer, like the IR, is a representation on your monitor of what might be printed.

If you've revised your files, then without question you should only rely on the printed proof . . . although CS will claim that it is impossible for the previous file to survive being replaced with a new, revised file. I have seen it: it happened to me. I saw the revised file, my client saw the previous file. Both files co-existed! The printed proof doesn't guarantee that won't happen. But the printed proof is a contract proof, and it is reference for what was accepted when.
Walton

Bleeds , free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations forCreateSpace users. Typography free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary and type specimen pages. Free list of free PDF downloads.